20pcs Strong Disc Neodymium rare earth magnet N45 Ø 6 mm x 1.5 mm
20pcs Disc rare earth magnet Ø 6 mm x 1.5 mm
These magets are strong enough for craft or home diy work like fridge magnets.
The specification :
||+/- 0,1 mm
|Max. working temperature
||0.31 g x 20
20pcs Strong Disc Neodymium rare earth magnet N45 Ø 6 mm x 1.5 mm only $3.60 + Free Shipping
It’s tiny, but It’s Strong !
A range of small neodymium magnets which are ideal for use in model and craft work. These magnets are often used in specialist jewellery applications as well as art projects. Parts and accessories of various models can be attached, removed and repositioned with ease by introducing a pair of attracting tiny magnets.
Strong Neodymium N48 Disc Rare Earth Magnets 3mm x 1 mm
Strong Neodymium N48 Disc Rare Earth Magnets
Each magnet can support a steel weight of up to 0.21kg vertically from the magnetic face when in flush contact with a mild steel surface of equal thickness to the magnet. Each magnet can also support up to 0.042kgs in a shear position before beginning to slide down a steel surface under the same conditions.
100 x Strong Neodymium N48 Disc Rare Earth Magnets 3mm x 1 mm for $2.99 + free shipping
Surface Treatment of Neodymium magnets
Corrosion Resistance of Neodymium magnets
A neodymium-based sintered magnet is liable to oxidization or corrosion because it has for its main components neodymium (Nd) and iron (Fe) and is composed of several phases in a crystalline structure. It is subject to electrochemical corrosion under the presence of a small amount of acid, alkali or water; the magnet rusts and demagnetizes as rusting progresses. Although it remains stable for many hours when it is allowed to stand in a dry atmosphere, it should be surface-treated as a preventive measure for the presence of humidity or a rise in temperature, an event often encountered in a general operating environment. This treatment may become unnecessary when it is used in a hermetically sealed system or in a low-corrosion environment.
The magnet does not corrode when exposed to general organic solvents or adhesives. However, customers are advised to contact Magpole Technology sales office beforehand if cutting or grinding of any neodymium magnets products is intended. If washing and drying process is involved in processing of the neodymium magnets on the customers side, cautions must be undertaken concerning residual water or condensation of moisture on the magnets. Storing the magnets in a dry atmosphere or in an inert gas is strongly recommended.
Surface treatment of neodymium magnet
Neodymium magnets has improved corrosion resistance of the base material itself as a result of structural refinement and compositional uniformity of sintered constituents. Moreover, its reliability is enhanced considerably by the application of surface treatment technologies such as aluminum and nickel coatings. Additionally, greater importance is attached to surface coatings in terms of not only corrosion-resistance performance but also other factors such as adhesive durability and electrical insulation quality, the recently increasing requirements for magnets used in motors. We have developed environmentally sound processes and products that meet these requirements. Customers may use the neodymium magnets products with confidence with regard to these aspects. Our surface treatment technology is in compliance with international environmental standards, such as the RoHS directive and ELV directive.
Customers are strongly advised to consult with Magpole Technology sales office for technical assistance concerning the surface treatments in order to choose appropriate treatment processes and product types suitable for the intended applications according to the specific usage environment and required characteristics.
Neodymium magnets (Nd-Fe-B) are composed of neodymium, iron, boron and a few transition metals, also known as NdFeB, NIB, or Neo magnet), the most widely used type of rare-earth magnet. Developed in 1982 by General Motors and Sumitomo Special Metals, neodymium magnets are the strongest type of permanent magnet made. They have replaced other types of magnet in the many applications in modern products that require strong permanent magnets.
Here is just some of the uses that we know our neodymium magnets have been put to:
- Repairing my fridge seal. Put a couple in-side the plastic of the seal and it holds the
door shut beautifully
- Experimenting with cathode ray tubes
(TV’s and computer monitors)
- Hold directions to my motorbike petrol tank
so they don’t come off at speed
- Removing parts from a punch press,
- Cleaning up debris in a machining work-shop
- Hanging wet clothes to tent poles or parts
of a caravan
- Tie clip
- Violin mute. Put small discs on each side
of the bridge to add mass and quiet the
- Slot car traction
- Holding down a car cover
- Pulling dents out of vehicles.
- Attaching tracking devices to motor vehi-cles
- Jewellery clasps
- Hanging fairy lights
- Re-magnetising alnico (Aluminium-Nickel-Cobalt) magnets.
- Hanging tapestries in a warehouse.
- Magic illusion tricks
- With 1 magnet and a ball bearing I remove
dents from brass musical instruments.
- Holding all the lathe tools to the lathe
- Magnetic stirring device
- Bike light generator
- Christmas presents
- Wind power alternator
- Alleviate joint pain – magnetic therapy
- Hold a small vice down
- Picking up nails/screws/needles
- School projects and demonstrations
- Hold lines and tape on steel boat hull.
- Collecting nails or bits of barbed wire from
- Oil filter in my motorbike
- Guitar pickups
- Attaching tools securely to my car
- Holding the roof down on my shed
- Holding safety shield on machine tools
- Holding trailer lights on towed vehicle.
- Picking keys out of storm drains
- Retrieving an antique shotgun from a well.
- Treasure hunting
- Cleaning up the oil in go-cart racing en-gines. Glue them inside!
- Used to create great ear, nose, lip rings
and therefore avoid piercing.
- Car Top advertising signs
- Stud finder in walls
- Holding vehicle number plates to the car
- Holding sheet metal together for welding
- Dampening for seismograph
- Door latches on a tree-house
- Hold down a tarpaulin
- Hanging tools in sheds and garages
- Door catches for cupboards and ward-robes.
- Cleaning fish tank glass from the outside
- Holding a set of house keys securely in a
- For the darkroom: to secure metal devel-oping tank parts, reels, etc. To lock down
metal wash tank doors instead of sticky
- Motor experiments
- Water Conditioning
- Magic tricks
- Erasing tapes
- Remove metal debris from a well
- Homemade alternator
- Movement of paramagnetic beads for bio-medical applications
- Erasing credit card data
- Erasing hotel door key cards
- Cleaning plastics granulate for moulding.
- Holding a vehicle glove box closed
- Finger Print collection and processing
- Shirt fastenings instead of buttons or studs
- Holding curtains to a caravan
- Holding curtains to a narrowboat
- Door closures for high end furniture
- Swarf removal from converyor belts
- Cleaning fish tanks
SupraMagnets supply various permanent magnets: Neodymium Magnets, SmCo Magnets, Alnico Magnets, and Magnet Assemblies at very competitive prices. Buy Neodymium Magnets from Supramagnets.com!